when funding a forex account, do you need to give the company a copy of your passport and utility bill?

August 31, 2011 by  
Filed under Questions

I am looking to open an eToro account and I am not comfortable with giving a copy of my passport and a utility bill to the company, are these things necessary? Also if you have a good forex site for people with small amounts of funds such as myself, what would you be using? Thank you.
Have you guys used etoro? I like how its setup and the pips are really low. Plus the starting amount is very small.


9 Responses to “when funding a forex account, do you need to give the company a copy of your passport and utility bill?”

  1. Diagnostic Ddt on August 31st, 2011 1:51 pm

    yes for a passport if you don’t have a driver’s license. I don’t you need to show your utility bill. I never had that problem before.

  2. ASK ME FOR A PICTURE on August 31st, 2011 2:46 pm

    If the site is legit do not worry just send Than Them What They Need. I Have Done This and I have a very good site for you, But You Need to study market Forex Before investing. i did my homework and I am making money with Forex. Regards

  3. Michael Pilinski on August 31st, 2011 3:22 pm

    When I signed up with FXDD they only required my driver’s license, but that’s because I was a US citizen. If you are not then I believe they DO require 2 pieces of ID. This is the price we all pay for identity theft, everything is more difficult.

  4. tonnie on August 31st, 2011 3:32 pm

    For the USA based brokers it is to must, The brokers plows regulated by financial regulators such ace CFTC that specify brokerage companies must obtain these documents from to their clients. To good forex learning website to start with ishttp: //www. forexmarketscience. com/money_management. htm

  5. ? on August 31st, 2011 3:54 pm

    Depends on to broker. If they need those papers you should give them those. I think it is connected to the regulation they have on each country. I would recommend that you take to global look AT forex. ace they plows receiving micro accounts.

  6. nico orion on August 31st, 2011 4:01 pm

    giving your your ID is a must for most forex brokers. if you don’t want to give your passport copy you can submit your national id and copy of your driving lisence. some brokers also require utility bill for address confirmation. if you do not have the utility bill you can submit your bank statement. ask your bank to issue bank statement and make sure that the address and account number is the same as the address and account number on forex brokers registration application form to avoid unnecessary delays. if you have small amout of fund, you should find a broker that allows you to open mini account. there are a lot of forex broker to choose from. FOREX. COM, FXDD. COM, and FXCM Micro are also provide mini account and excellent services. apart from that they are also legal brokers and regulated under NFA regulation.

  7. Sean Ramon on August 31st, 2011 4:13 pm

    Verifying your ID is a must, But I guess it Could Be Also driver license. Utility bill is to verify your address Which Also be done by something else like bank statement. Yes, it is not uncommon. To succeed in forex You Need to learn the best methods. Check the forex system reviewed below.

  8. when funding a forex account, do you … – Currency Trading Strategy | Finance News & Info on August 31st, 2011 2:27 pm

    […] Visit link: when funding a forex account, do you … – Currency Trading Strategy […]

  9. plafond de loyer duflot on December 31st, 2014 1:01 pm

    It’s an awesome post in support of all the internet users; they will take benefit from it I am sure.

Feel free to leave a comment...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!